Sunday, February 5, 2012

Blank Pages


Last July, for Grace’s first birthday, our friend Renee gave us a beautiful scrapbook filled with wonderful pictures and memories of Grace. She put so much thought, time, and effort into it and we couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful tribute to our precious angel. Renee left some of the pages blank so that we would be able to add our own memories as well. It’s taken some time, but finally, last weekend Brien and I trucked down to Hobby Lobby so I could find some materials to finish the blank pages.

I’ve never attempted any type of scrapbooking activity before so the whole idea was quite overwhelming! Hobby Lobby had probably about five isles dedicated to scrapbooking supplies so it was tough to know where to begin. Luckily, I took some pictures of the blank pages before we left to try and match up some of the colors of the pages that needed finishing. Even more overwhelming were the emotions that overcame us while looking at all of the precious baby themed scrapbooking items.

Looking through all the stickers, I found some cute yellow ducks and bath time bubbles. I turned to Brien and asked if he would like to see a bath time page in her book. He didn’t say anything but I saw the tears instantly well up in his eyes. Bath time was his favorite time with Grace and she loved to have him hold her while floating freely in the water. I immediately felt bad for bringing up the subject because I didn’t want to upset him. Later, I realized that what I felt during that moment must be what other people feel when they ask about Grace or mention something about her that may make us tear up. What people don’t know is that we really don’t mind becoming tearful and we’d rather have this happen then for people not to mention her at all. Not talking about her would be like leaving those pages blank rather than taking time to fill them with the wonderful memories that we will cherish for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment