Thursday, October 23, 2014

Missing Our Little Angel


4 years ago today we lost our precious daughter Grace. Not a day has gone by we haven’t thought about her or missed her presence. Our lives’ still has this empty feeling without her. I don’t know if that will ever go away.

As I sit in front of her hope chest every item brings back a particular memory. Her knit caps and stuffed animals bring back memories of the hospital. Certain onesies bring back memories of when she wore them. Small items like her hairbrush or blankets have so many memories associated with them. I remember watching our first 49ers game together while she was dressed in this one.

It was a week later, on the morning of October 23rd she passed away as Holly and I knelt by her crib. I’ll never forget that rainy day and the pain we felt.

The road since has been hard. We struggled with our loss and trying to understand why for a long time. We would spend hours talking about the what-ifs only to find ourselves back where we started. At this point any answers to be found lie in the hands of the researchers studying her DNA. Maybe one day we’ll have an answer, but in the meantime it’s about remembering Grace during the 102 days she was with us.

So on Grace’s Angel Day, we remember the sweet baby who was taken from us far too soon in life. A daily reminder of how fragile and special life is.

5 comments:

  1. Thinking of you two - so, so sorry. She was always surrounded by so much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I want to contact u because my son the same case of your daughter. So I want to ask you about something. Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Hello, I just saw your comment and wanted to let you know you can reach me at contact@briencook.com

      Delete