Sunday, December 18, 2011

Deck the Halls



This morning I woke from a vivid dream about Grace. She was alive, and she was smiling, laughing, and happy. We were all in the hospital still but we all had hope for her. The doctors had hope, they were giving us good news, and there were no signs of doom and gloom. This morning I woke up and realized that hope was gone. I’m trying to get it back, but for now I’ll focus on getting things done today and not worry so much about the future.

While most people delight in decking the halls of their home for the holidays, Brien and I enjoyed decorating Grace’s monument for Christmas. Brien got her a small live tree and I found an ornament with her name on it. Luckily, Brien has also picked up a new hobby of arranging flowers for her. He went to Michaels and put together a pretty display to go next to her tree. I have been obsessed over the last couple of days with finding her a Santa figurine. Brien and I both agreed she had been good enough this year to warrant his visit! Yesterday I found an ornament of a small blonde girl sitting on Santa’s lap. Today I also found, while at the grocery store of all places, a very cute small LED Santa with a star above his head. This may all seem very odd to some people, but for us, it’s the least we can do to make sure she is included with our activities. Grace never got a chance to see Christmas here on Earth so I hope that somehow she is able to enjoy looking at her cheerful display from high above the clouds.

1 comment:

  1. Gracie may not have had a Christmas on this Earth, but Lord she has had a glorious one in Heaven.....she's smiling, laughing and happy for sure.

    ReplyDelete